Openfire and Jwchat on Ubuntu
I spent a whole afternoon to install onpenfire and jwchat. This post works for me. But to apply it on Ubuntu, you need to do a little bit more.
1) install apache2, jdk, etc.
2) install openfire. I didn’t use ubuntu package since I want to do some development later. Download it and extract to any folder would work.
3) sudo a2enmod proxy; sudo a2enmod proxy_http
4) enable and setup mod_proxy. Add the following code to your <VirtualHost>. I use /etc/apache2/site-available/default
Allow from all
ProxyPass /http-bind/ http://yoursite.com:7070/http-bind/
Note: Don’t try to access yoursite.com:7070 from browser, you will get 400 or 404. This is fine.
5) Disable SASL in Jwchat.
In jsjac.js, change the following line:
var JSJACHBC_USE_BOSH_VER = true; // change it to false
In jwchat.html, insert
oArg.authtype = ‘nonsasl’;
6) Log into openfire console and add the following 2 server properties.
xmpp.httpbind.client.requests.polling = 0
xmpp.httpbind.client.requests.wait = 10
7) Restart openfire and run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload